- United States
- Austin, TX
- Chicago, IL
- Dallas, TX
- Houston, TX
- New York, NY
- San Antonio, TX
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Up to 100%
We are seeking a talented Project Manager with a minimum of five years experience developing and managing web-based projects. The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, tracking, guiding, and delivering projects, including tasks, timelines, budgets, requirements, issues, risks, and resources. The Project Manager's key goals are:
- Deliver quality solutions for our clients, which meet expectations for schedule, scope, and expected budget
- Manage project teams to ensure their needs are met, deliverables are completed, and their feedback is incorporated into solutions
- Work with Shimshock Group executives regarding future initiatives, proposals, and client agreements
- Facilitate communication among all parties to move tasks forward, resolve issues, and mitigate risks
The right candidate will have good working knowledge of Drupal, a basic understanding of other Content Management technologies such as WordPress and Alfresco, and an ability to guide both clients and consultants from concept to project delivery. While strong technical skills are a big benefit, our higher priorities are someone who has great leadership capabilities, excellent organizational talents, and a proven ability to connect with people using outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Since clients and team members are often scattered geographically, a high comfort level with online and phone interaction is essential. You may also need to work with clients onsite, so some travel may be required. Other important qualifications include dedication to top-notch customer service, familiarity with cloud-based project management software such as Teamwork and Basecamp, and the ability to work with a wide variety of personalities.
You will initially be responsible for managing teams of 2-4 consultants for at least two projects. You will also work closely with clients and Shimshock Group executives to define future initiatives, shape business and technical requirements, develop project proposals, and effectively manage client expectations and risk. You should be comfortable with a variety of project management methodologies, including Agile methods.
Telecommuting is an option, and we'll consider all candidates based in the United States (with preference given to those located in Texas, Chicago, or New York). We'd prefer to find a manager interested in a full-time or contract-to-hire opportunity, but we are open to considering a part-time or contractor relationship for the right person. Benefits are available for full-time team members, and our compensation packages are extremely competitive.
- Provide a high-level of customer service and professionalism to clients
- Guide projects to successful delivery by effectively managing expectations regarding timeline, scope of work, quality, and budget.
- Facilitate communication between project team and client
- Actively manage project issues and risks
- Proactively identify potential risks and issues, and work to mitigate them before they become problems
- Develop project plans, task estimates, schedules, and resource allocation plans
- Monitor, track, and update project progress against budgets
- Provide effective project scope management
- Communicate project status to clients and Shimshock Group executives
- Share information with the project team regarding objectives, scope, expectations, issues, and risk, and seek their feedback
- Ensure project team has the tools, access, and information necessary to be successful
- Monitor project team progress, and provide direct feedback and direction to team members as needed
- Manage creation of key deliverables such as system design, requirements, and implementation plans. Work closely with clients, Shimshock Group project team, and partners to ensure a successful delivery.
- Foster a positive work environment, where both client and development teams feel comfortable offering feedback and discussing issues
- Work with clients and Shimshock Group executives to define future initiatives, develop proposals, and create client agreements
- 5+ years experience developing and managing web-based projects (minimum of 2 years development and 2 years management)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques
- Good working knowledge of the Drupal content management system
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with both team members and clients
- Great leadership and organizational skills
- Must be located in the United States
Preferred, but Not Required:
- Previous experience working at a consulting firm, professional services company, or agency
- Development experience with technologies such as PHP, MySQL, jQuery, AJAX, and CSS
- Knowledge or experience with site design processes, including user interface design, user experience design, information architecture, and creative design
- Familiarity with content management technologies such as WordPress and Alfresco, web framework platforms such as Symfony and Ruby on Rails, customer relationship management (CRM) solutions, e-commerce tools, and mobile applications.
- Preference to those located in Texas, Chicago, or New York, but not required
Note: We are not interested in agencies, offshore firms, or consulting groups to fill this role.
Interested in this job? Enter the information below, and we will respond as soon as possible!