- United States
- Austin, TX
- Dallas, TX
- Houston, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- New York, NY
- San Antonio, TX
- San Francisco, CA
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Up to 100%
The Shimshock Group is seeking a Senior System Administrator with a minimum of three years experience. The right candidate will have strong LAMP-stack knowledge, and a solid background with technologies that make large content management and e-commerce platforms perform well (caching, reverse-proxy, accelerators, CDN, etc.). It is also important to be comfortable with the setup, configuration, and use of tools such as Git and Drush, and have familiarity with leading hosted solutions provided by companies such as Acquia, Pantheon, Rackspace, and Amazon Web Services.
Responsibilities include technical infrastructure setup (including multi-server and load balanced environments), server monitoring, support, performance tuning, server troubleshooting, technical architecture planning, and providing infrastructure-related assistance to development teams.
All work can be done remotely, as long as you are located in the United States. Preference will be given to those located in Texas, California, or New York. We value those who are self-starters, enthusiastic, good communicators, and have a positive outlook. We are open to a full-time, part-time, contract, or contract-to-hire position.
- Setup of technical infrastructures
- Monitor and troubleshooting servers
- Support for existing technical environments
- Performance tuning
- Load testing analysis
- Technical architecture planning
- Assist development teams
- 3+ years system administration experience (Linux)
- Excellent experience with LAMP-stack technologies (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Strong experience with technologies for improving server performance (caching, reverse-proxy, accelerators, CDN, etc.)
- Experience with server monitoring tools and strong troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of content management and e-commerce solutions such as Drupal, WordPress, and Magento
- Experience with development environment tools such as Git and Drush
- Knowledge of a variety of advanced hosting platforms such as Acquia, Pantheon, Rackspace, and Amazon Web Services
- Experience with scalability issues and high performance web sites
- Good communication skills
- Must be located in the United States
Preferred, but Not Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering
- Knowledge of other database technologies such as MongoDB, MariaDB, Percona, Oracle, etc.
- Knowledge of other web server technologies such as Nginx and Microsoft IIS
- Experience with web development using object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Preference given to those located in Texas, California, or New York, but not required
Interested in this job? Enter the information below, and we will respond as soon as possible!