- United States
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Up to 100%
The Shimshock Group is looking for a talented Technical Architect for web-based projects. The selected candidate will serve in a senior project leadership role, reporting to the Shimshock Group's director of technology solutions. The architect will have strong knowledge of a wide-variety of web technologies, including content management, e-commerce, mobile, social media, digital marketing, analytics, and CRM solutions. The person in this role will draw on his or her experience to provide visionary plans on how clients can leverage technology to meet business objectives.
Key responsibilities include working closely with client decision makers to develop a technology roadmap for success, visualizing solutions as conceptual designs, and conducting architecture workshops which lay the groundwork for project implementation plans. Architects will typically have responsibility for performing some of the most challenging, complex aspects of projects, including cutting-edge custom development work. Technical architects may also be called on during sales processes to offer ideas on how best to meet client goals.
We will consider candidates based in the United States, and telecommuting is certainly an option. We would prefer to identify an architect interested in full-time employment or a contract-to-hire situation, but we are open to considering part-time or contractor roles for the right candidate. Benefits are available for full-time team members, and our compensation is highly competitive. We value (and reward) those who are dedicated to growing their skills and providing clients with quality solutions.
- Work with client decision makers to define future vision for technology platforms
- Lead technical architecture workshops with clients
- Partner with client leadership to build technology roadmap plans
- Perform complex project development tasks, including custom development work
- Provide guidance to team members on advanced project tasks
- Offer advice on system development, architecture, and infrastructure best practices
- Deliver regular status reports to client decision makers and Shimshock Group management
- Participate in sales processes when requested, occasionally presenting topics as part of a sales presentation
- 5+ years experience architecting and building complex web-based applications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with both team members and clients
- Ability to translate complex technical ideas into concepts understood by all audiences
- Experience defining technical solutions, scope of work, and creating a roadmap for client success
- Ability to effectively manage the needs of all parties, and develop an approach which is mutually agreeable
- Background in open source technology development or cloud-based computing solutions
- Solid knowledge of a wide-range of web-based products, including Drupal, Alfresco, Salesforce, Magento, Marketo, Google, and others
- Independent, self-starter, and strong problem solving skills
- Must be located in the United States
- Occasional travel required, up to 25% of the time.
Preferred, but Not Required:
- Previous experience working at a consulting firm, professional services company, or agency
- Experience working on enterprise-level technology projects
- Experience developing Drupal custom modules or Salesforce apps
Interested in this job? Enter the information below, and we will respond as soon as possible!