Our Shimshock Success methodology emphasizes reducing releases into discrete and manageable phases of work. Doing so accelerates the achievement of benefits, and mitigates overall risk.
An iterative approach is set as the project’s foundation during the initial design process. The full vision of a platform is architected, and a roadmap is created to identify functionality that provides the highest value for the least effort, lowest risk, and reduced cost.
A rolling schedule of releases is defined and modified over the course of time, similar to what is found in Agile development methodologies. Customer satisfaction is at the center of our work, and after an initial release has been launched, we expect on-going enhancements, collaboration, and changes to continually refine and improve the platform.
Leveraging the Shimshock Success Methodology, our projects consist of the following high-level work phases:
Tightly define the project scope, and document the final requirements and conceptual design of the system to be developed. Major tasks include:
- Review existing functional and technical requirements
- Conduct focus groups and discovery meetings, as needed
- Perform design sessions to finalize requirements and map them to system components
- Develop conceptual design approach and review with client
- Create detailed implementation plan
Translate plans and requirements identified in the Design phase into a working system. Major sub-tasks include Detailed Design, Development, Test (unit, system, load, and user acceptance), Conversion, Deployment, and Training. Key phase activities are as follows:
- Create detailed component technical designs
- Develop and configure technical platform, including applications, database, infrastructure, system integrations, and data conversion scripts, if required.
- Perform unit testing on technical platform components
- Perform system and user acceptance testing to ensure quality control
- Perform load testing to meet performance and scalability requirements
- Convert existing data to be migrated to the new platform
- Deploy production system to users
- Conduct training with representatives from client business and technical teams